alty girls admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mums

alty girls admissions

Post by mums »

I have heard that the catchment area rules have changed slightly as of this year. I know there is obviously the same Altrincham catchment area but for girls that are out of area I believe it now goes simply on distance from the school, rather than the 'zones' around the edge of the catchment area. Has anyone any idea what these changes have actually meant in practical terms? We are out of catchment and I was wondering how close you need to live to the school to get a place. (I realise that this will change from year to year - but I was just hoping to get an idea.)

Many thanks

Mums
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

I can only comment on my daughter's class (Y7) but it appears to be made up of a third from the Altrincham area, a third from Sale and then the final third being a total mix of girls from places like Lymm, Warrington, Knutsford, Wilmslow, Stockport, Didsbury, Chorlton, Alderley Edge, Whalley Range and Manchester city centre.

I presume you have seen the map on Alty Girls' admissions page?
mums

Post by mums »

Thanks for your reply, - yes I've seen the map and I've read the admissions info. I was just wondering how far away girls actually get places from. The admissions are different for the boys where it goes on score in exam. I suppose it is a hard one to guess as it's going to change from year to year.

Thanks again :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now