Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Elijo

Re: Schools

Post by Elijo »

Thanks bns! Loving it so far. I do feel very lucky to live here. It's also the ideal place to live for schools! Superb state primaries, catchment for Grammars and a great high school too! I must admit it takes the pressure off for the entrance exams! I do believe in fate! ( with a little nudge In The right direction!) Many of the children in year 6 are taking level 6 in SATS. I think that proves that the state system can work!
busybee10

Post by busybee10 »

topsyturvy wrote:Do all boys who go to Altricham Prep pass the entrance test?

Have not seen any hisotrical data on this?

I dont think all children who go to private prep pass the 11+ test for Trafford. Any data or comaprison if done by anyone will be usefull.
The data from St Ambrose suggested about 25% go to ABGS (its on their website) but lots more go to St Ambrose College. St Ambrose prep is open to all faiths although not sure about the seniors.
agsbmad

Post by agsbmad »

:)
Last edited by agsbmad on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

I am pleased that you are so delighted with your situation and I wish that all of our children were receiving the same incredibly high standard of teaching/private tuition. We were not that lucky.
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

Sorry, to avoid confusion, I was directing that comment at Elijo.
agsbmad

Post by agsbmad »

:)
Last edited by agsbmad on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bns

Post by bns »

agsbmad wrote: "unteachable",
thats a terrible thing for a teacher to say about any child, teachers have a duty to teach, no such thing as "unteachable" so I can understand your anger, but we need to be careful not to use our own bad experiences to generalise too widely, vast majority of kids that pass the GS 11+ are from the state sector, so obvious it can be done and more often than not state kids are fine with the 11+ if they have the potential.
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

If they are tutored...
bns

Post by bns »

diy tutoring is quite easy though can be time consuming , some will need more some less , BTW I have no issue with prep schools most are very good but like most things in life I am sure some are not so good
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

I could not agree more... if we are sharing our experiences though, on a forum like this, we are looking for help and guidance...and support...please ...nothing smug.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now