For those who passed...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ladybird1

Re: For those who passed...

Post by ladybird1 »

Thanks for that. My understanding may be out of date but I thought Urmston, Altincham boys and sale all offered a local review opportunity before allocations. I suppose what may look beneficial for one child to have a review as soon as is possible after the exam, may not be so much for another.

So you can still appeal after not winning a review then? Having more academic evidence must help?
pickle

Post by pickle »

No, you're probably right! I'm a first-timer so I've probably got it wrong.

You can appeal to an independent panel, which takes place around June I think. The only thing is, if that panel feels that the earlier local review was handled fairly and consistently then they may say they don't need to hear any extra info so they won't consider recent SATS etc. No idea how to prove it wasn't conducted fairly :?

It's all mind boggling to me!
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

I think that is the problem with a local review. If it goes in your favour it is great as you get to join the list of sucessful candidates for allocation on the 1st March however if it does not go in your favour it has the ability to possibly disadvatage you in the appeal process.

I think for the schools that do an automatic review you could possibly say that though the process may be conducted fairly you would have preferred to have had the option to waive the review and just go to appeal as you believe that this gives you a better platform to put forward your case.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now