AGGS uniform questions...and some non-uniform!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wigwam12

AGGS uniform questions...and some non-uniform!!

Post by wigwam12 »

Sorry
all but it begins!
It was mayhem today uniform shopping - stuff out of stock and 2 week lead time. At least fot the actual uniform we have most of everything, Monkhouses were terrible for the PE kit and they had NOTHING available and 2 weeks for order followed by 1-2 weeks to embroider.
T'was a stressful morning!

Anyway on to the question(s):
1) any particular type of trainers required - for example MHSG specified astroturf ones but for Alty do we need normal or astroturf ones?
2) I note they allow "modest dress" (tracky bottoms and jogging pants). Does anyone know if we would still need skirt/shorts? I am assuming not?
3) Can trackpants be any navy blue ones? They aren't badged or anything right?

4) lockers. I assume all girls get provided one. Do we need to get padlocks etc for them and if so any stipulation on type (such as 2nd key for form teacher etc)??
I had more but I forgot! :?
jugglermum

Re: AGGS uniform questions...and some non-uniform!!

Post by jugglermum »

Hi,

There is no specification on trainers. The track suit bottoms unfort are specific aggs ones. They are a hideous fit too! Not sure on the modest dress sorry! I wonder if they have spares at the school for a couple of weeks for cases like this.

As to lockers she will have 2. One for books which is hers and a pe one that she will share with another girl in her form. You will need padlocks for both to be operated by key not combination( not sure why?) keep the spare yourself.

Jm
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Thank you - she has managed to wangle a new pair of trainers out of me!
Thos track pants! They are either too tight or too long - and what the heck can you do with too long track pants with zips at the bottom?!?!

That being said they are currently out of stock anyway....
NotAPushyMum

Post by NotAPushyMum »

She will need shorts, skirt and joggers/tracksuit bottoms. The joggers are vile and considered uncool by the girls so the trick is to get the tracksuit bottoms instead. You don't need the tracksuit top unless your DD is likely to be in a sports team.
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Thank you.