Remaining calm

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Altymumof2

Re: Remaining calm

Post by Altymumof2 »

onthebrink wrote:Oh no!!! bad sore throat!!! that means bad week ahead for us!! sod's law!!!
At school we were told that if they were poorly to keep them off and sit the exam at a later date. They only have one chance in the exam! Hope DC is feeling better. x
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

My tip from experiences- any signs at all the child may be under par/poorly, and even though I appreciate would be a hassle - booking GP appointments etc - get that exam postponed for a new date.
It'sme!

Post by It'sme! »

countrymum wrote:My tip from experiences- any signs at all the child may be under par/poorly, and even though I appreciate would be a hassle - booking GP appointments etc - get that exam postponed for a new date.
Or at the very least, stick it on the special circumstances form. I missed something personal off, as I didn't felt like I was making excuses (I wasn't). If anything about the morning/lead up to the exam causes you any concern, stick it on. It might cause them some extra paper work, but if you end up going to appeal, or if your child hits the automatic review mark, it might just make a difference, and you won't have that 'maybe I should have mentioned something' feeling either :)
Other than that, good luck, and look forward to treating your children (and yourselves) afterwards :)
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Yes good advice it's me - however of course I believe the code states they don't actually have to take special circumstances into account anymore - may help though, you never know!

Having gone through it all - am so very relieved it is all over! I've mentioned many times I think is somewhat of a lottery - but as long as a child try's their best what more can you ask for. Good luck everyone :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now