I wonder if anyone had this

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Oshosh

I wonder if anyone had this

Post by Oshosh »

My DS came back home today and said all teachers were congratulating him for getting into a GS.....

Sometime in last october, when the results came, DS only spoke about this to best friends, and most of his friends knew that he wasnt going to local school. But DS never mentioned this to his teachers, and none of them said anything in that line. Anyway the school confirmation is to come only in march. So there wasnt much to tell.

But today, DS was very suprised and embarassed :) so i am just wondering....wheather the school knows the outcome before us. I am just curious.....

Do the schools know before us? Could anyone shed some light......
kenyancowgirl

Re: I wonder if anyone had this

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The schools definitely don't know in our area, until the offer day. Certainly, if your schools do get advance notification, I would think it is very unprofessional of them to make any comment at this stage, as, there is no guarantee until you have had the formal offer in March. Anything could happen to alter the positions etc. I would try not to read too much into it, if I were you - possibly they have just heard what he has said to one of his friends.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

As far as I know the computer programmes are not run until fairly last minute and the schools would not know in advance (after all it's nothing to do with them).
scary mum
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

Is it possible the GS have been in touch with the primary school to ask for a reference or for predicted SATs grades, and the teachers have jumped to conclusions? (Just a thought)
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Well.....i didn't read too much into......but

A friend of mine in a different region says her DD's primary will know the outcome before they do. The LA does pass it onto the schools....but only a week or 10 days before.

My DS did became all very shy that teachers were stopping him to say congrats.....but we that includes DS ( who just like me does not like to take risk)know very well we have wait for the LA to confirm places.
LooniesMum2 wrote:Is it possible the GS have been in touch with the primary school to ask for a reference or for predicted SATs grades, and the teachers have jumped to conclusions? (Just a thought)
Do grammar school do this anyway...i remembe signing something to say that they can write to the primary school to get a school report...but i thought that was if it comes to internal review....which in our case didnt, and DS passed with an excellent buffer from pass mark. But it didnt occur to me that they could do it even afterwards.......could someone shed some light....