abs

Re: Count Down

Post by abs »

Hi tiddlymum
Yes AGSB 1st and sale as second
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Herman beat me to it- phone LA and to cover all bases let school know as well. Definitely sounds like an error along the line. Is your 'home' Lea Trafford? If not there could be crossed lines between Leas. Easy for me to say- but keep calm I am sure it will get sorted tomorrow. Let us know how you get on?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

TIDDLYMUM wrote: Let us know how you get on?
Yes indeed - please let us know what happens as can help others also. We are already aware of a few "aberrations" which need sorting as soon as possible!
abs

Post by abs »

Hi tiddlymum
We are from wigan council door to door distance 18 miles from AGSB , I hope u r right about an error along the line. I will call trafford council and wigan and as well as AGSB 2morrow
cleo

Post by cleo »

Hello Abs

Distance should not come into. Once the places have been allocated in area the rest of the places are given according to results. Thus if a child lives literally outside the area and you live 30 miles away (not saying anyone does travel that far!) then your son will be give the place over the other. As long you have stated it as your first choice; which you clearly have.

Hope it all sorts out for you.

Cleo
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Almost certain to be a mistake! Bet Wigan have never allocated to Alty before.

We have a fair journey from Stockport but Wigan is even further- are you moving closer or do you have a travel plan?

Good luck tomorrow- sure it will be all sorted by lunchtime! I'd expect a few will turn down Alty in favour of Manchester Grammar and the like- and you can take up one of those places.

Not good that the allocation went wrong though.
abs

Post by abs »

Hi
Spoke to the local council, AGSB and trafford council, DS name was on the allocation list at trafford council and school but not communicated to local wigan council
looks like things are getting sorted now.
Thanks for the support and advise from all of you
firswood67

Post by firswood67 »

abs wrote:Hi
Spoke to the local council, AGSB and trafford council, DS name was on the allocation list at trafford council and school but not communicated to local wigan council
looks like things are getting sorted now.
Thanks for the support and advise from all of you
:D
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Hello,

Received a letter from AGSB today. Letter has a reply slip in which we had to accept offer and post back. It also went on to say we have contact trafford council to accept offer as well. Thinking that this is generic letter sent to all ic and ooc boys, :idea:
I decided to call warrington admissions first. I accepted the offer online on staurday and posted the reply slip on Monday. but the lady who spoke to me today, said that offer is still open and not accepted yet. This is strange because i received an automated mail to say that it has be received by the admissions team. Anyway the lady accepted the offer on the system, and said that this will be communicated to trafford soon. But to be safe side she asked me to call them myself as well and gave me the number.

I then called trafford who said, YES, i would have to accept the offer with them as well, and gave me the email address to put our acceptance on writing.

So to summarise- online acceptance, posting of reply slip, telephone to warrinton admission,posting of reply slip to school, and email to trafford admissions- to show our acceptance of offer. :shock:

Why are there so many things to do.....in fact i am still not convinced our offer is accepted :roll:
Tabbycat1995

Post by Tabbycat1995 »

Hi Oshosh,

I had accepted online with Warrington for a place at Altrincham Boys. I did return the letter on Monday to Warrington BC but like you I thought that I only needed to reply to my home authority. I did this when my DD moved to AGGS several years ago. I will be returning the reply slip to AGSB today. As a belt and braces approach I will contact Trafford, but seems to be making working for LAs. Nonetheless, as we see on this forum things go wrong and we don't want any further hiccups! Best Tabby
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now