Playground

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bookaddict

Playground

Post by bookaddict »

Drop off was a weird affair today as expected.
DC asking each other about results and what school are you choosing first choice. Seeing some DC looking completely devasted (as did their parents) and then those who just looked ok, who did pass.
All children who took the entrance exams have done incredible work. The exams don't recognise how friendly, kind or how talented at sport/music/art/drama the DC are.

Be aware of other peoples feelings and be kind.
Mandy21

Re: Playground

Post by Mandy21 »

Couldn't agree more.
bookaddict

Post by bookaddict »

DS has come home and mentioned he might like the non grammar school more. Close friends haven't passed and he doesn't know anyone who is going to SGS. Girls in class opting for AGGS and boys who passed both chosing AGSB.

So it seems the worry never ends.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

You know, after the elation of the weekend, you can't help but be brought back down to earth by the way the whole process divides friends / gives rise to an atmosphere / makes things awkward. One of DS' closest friends missed by a few marks, my DS passed by a few marks - when you think that some of the questions can be worth 3 marks - its the difference of getting 2 or 3 questions right or wrong. How can that be right?!
bookaddict

Post by bookaddict »

Totally agree. Celebrations are kept to home and DCs instructed to be sensitive to friends who haven't got the grades.
I don't like this system and the only positive spin I can put on this is that we do have options.
Our DCs will all sit the same exams at the end of the day and bright children really will do well in any of our Trafford schools.
Slowrunner

Post by Slowrunner »

Couldn't agree more. My DS passed Ambrose last year and after the initial elation he was adamant he wanted to go to BTH with his best friend. Cue months of stress as much as we liked BTH we were convinced Ambrose was the best fit for him so "persuaded" him to put it as his first choice. fast forward a year and he is settling in fine and seems happy but it really hasn't been plain sailing and we have done things very differently with dd this year. There really is so much more to consider than exam results. I wish all your DCs the best of luck and as you say, if they are bright and hard working they will do well at any of our schools x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now