Loreto/ St Ambrose

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

busybee10

Loreto/ St Ambrose

Post by busybee10 »

Does anyone know if Loreto/ Ambrose took Non-RC children this year?
onthebrink

Re: Loreto/ St Ambrose

Post by onthebrink »

Also, would anyone mind sharing their score if they live out of area? Wondering for next year. Many thanks
Mollymop78

Post by Mollymop78 »

Last year Ambrose didn't get to the category's of non catholic boys or so we were told.
As we are not catholic but CofE with church support we decided to appeal and won.

This year they did take non catholic boys as the admissions officer told me yesterday, although she wouldn't say which category they got to I suspect from the conversation they got to category 7. Our son got offered a place yesterday when we discovered they had him in wrong category.

We are within in catchment of the school.
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

Thanks Mollymop. That is really good to know. i could do with a bit more of an insight into Loreto, if anyone can help?
traffmum

Post by traffmum »

No unfortunately not. We are out of catchment C of E, with a good qualifying score for Loreto, brother in St.Ambrose but no offer. Apparently they went part way into category 5 only this year.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Admissions criteria changed for 2015- out of area Rc girls at Rc primary given priority over other catholic out of area girls ( I think) .
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

what if you don't have a catholic primary but attend weekly catholic classes?
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

We have no Catholic Primary School nearby so we make the effort to travel to a Catholic School.

Edited to add:
Admissions at the school would inform you!

Edited to add:
Tiddelymum, I only stated that we travel to a Catholic School. It would appear that one may have to place their child in a Catholic School for the best chance possible of entry in the future! I think you have misinterpreted what I have said. :D
Last edited by Pumpkin Pie on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Best not to get into the 'who is the best Catholic' debate , as it never ends well. Stick to the facts and the Op's original question.
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

Thanks for that Tiddlymum...I must say I was quite surprised by the previous comment. I came on here to ask genuine questions and look for support!! Guess not everybody uses the forum for the same reasons.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now