SSZZF

Re: Altrincham Appeals

Post by SSZZF »

Hi

This is in the 2015 policy in the home address section 7.3
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

I think the school would be understanding if there was a paper trail of rental agreements showing that all were within the offer zone for that entrants year group for example 5.2 miles or less. It would be very questionable if you moved further away from your offer mileage.
teapeas

Post by teapeas »

Has anyone got their appeal dates yet for AGGS .... when should we expect to find out ?
SSZZF

Post by SSZZF »

Hi
We had amazing news this morning our son has been given a place at AGSB through appeal.
The wait and emotional roller coaster has all paid off .
Thank you for everyone's advice especially determined daddy on the forum
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

thats great news.

and unusual- as I know not many appeals are successful. Was it on non qualification or oversubscription?

My son is there, its a lovely school. Hope you have saved up some ££££ for the uniform :wink:

Really pleased for you!
SSZZF

Post by SSZZF »

Hi
It was on oversubscribed, we had moved to Trafford in end of October and all our children are at local schools. I was 100% sure we would not get a place. It just shows appeals can go anyway. First one going to secondary school!
My husband went alone to the appeal, our baby was not well.

Thanks for the advice about uniform Tiddlymum!
Minnosh

Post by Minnosh »

Hi all,

We also have won on appeal and our son has been offered a place at AGSB. The wait was though to say the least.

We appealed on the basis of oversubscription and with a score 1 less than the OOC cut-off mark (which was 349) it worked out.

A point to note: We asked the Head Master why this year's intake was around 10 less that previous years'. His answer was it is because it is the pre-appeal number and post-appeal number is likely to be like previous years'. This suggests that the school leaves a safety buffer for successfull appeals. This begs the question though that if they hadn't kept that buffer we (with a score 1 less that the cut-off mark) would have been offered a place in the first place. But we didn't mention this at the hearing.

Sorry for the ones whose appeals have not been successful.
SSZZF

Post by SSZZF »

Congratulations Minnosh
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Only kidding -about the uniform. It's an outlay at first but I am hoping to get three years about of the second blazer he has had!!! Most of it you can buy anywhere.

at least he will be able to go to the new pupils night and so on.
determineddaddy

Post by determineddaddy »

Great news about the 2 successful appeals on this forum. Well done and congratulations. Fascinating to hear about AGSB leaving places for appeals they lose.