North Cestrian

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nimbus

North Cestrian

Post by Nimbus »

Just found out North Cestrian is meant to be going state- does anyone know whether this is true and what the inclusion criteria will be? Thanks
TIDDLYMUM

Re: North Cestrian

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I wasn't aware the final decision had been made?

I believe they were looking to include 'local' children, how local I don't know.

Plnety of info on the school website.
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

I believe as a free school it will be like any "Non Selective" High School. Criteria therefore is likely to distance based, as no exam will be sat and it is not a faith school.
Mr147

Post by Mr147 »

We were advised a few months ago and asked to fill in a questionnaire
regarding it, basically showing some support.

North Cestrian Free School Application
North Cestrian is a local independent mixed secondary school who have begun the process
of seeking to convert to a state funded Free School. We are supporting their application, as
it gives another option to our parents when considering secondary education and it will serve
the children of Bowdon.
As a part of their application, they are required to prove ‘Evidence of Demand’ and they are
therefore seeking this from the parents of local primary school children. A form is attached
for this and further details can be found on the school website. Brochures and paper copies
of the form are available in our school office.

NORTH CESTRIAN GRAMMAR SCHOOL
THE FREE SCHOOL VISION 2015
EVIDENCE OF DEMAND QUESTIONNAIRE

North Cestrian will continue to value each child as an individual, recognising their uniqueness and
nurturing and developing all that they can bring, regardless of background

“North Cestrian has an excellent reputation not only in educational terms but in developing young people for
adult life. Free School status should enable many more youngsters to gain the benefit of an education at
North Cestrian which in normal circumstances their families may not be able to afford and thus I am very
happy to add my name to those who are supporting its mainstream Free School application.”
Lord Lee of Trafford

Please complete this short questionnaire – Your views are very much appreciated.

Title: ______________________ Name: _____________________________________________
Address: ________________________________________________________Postcode: ______________
Email: ___________________________________________________ Mobile No: _____________________
EVIDENCE OF DEMAND

1. Would you consider sending your child to North Cestrian Grammar School as a free school?
(Please tick the appropriate box)

Yes, definitely I require further information No

2. Please tell us about your children:
Please Circle Year of Entry Please Circle
Child 1 Date of birth: _____________ 2015 2016 Boy Girl

Child 2 Date of birth: _____________ 2015 2016 Boy Girl

Child 3 Date of birth: _____________ 2015 2016 Boy Girl
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now