Practice paper scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cleo

Re: Practice paper scores

Post by cleo »

Ho
ManYou wrote: think we will step it up in the holidays. Lucky to do an hour a day in term time.
Likewise, haven't had the time to do anything since he has returned to school. Will probably give him some papers to do over the weekend but during the week I'm hard pushed to find the time - not that DS is complaining :D :D
cleo

Post by cleo »

Catseye
Catseye wrote:95+ is only necessary for super-selectives like Q.E(and that's just to get through the first stage )
How do they manage to fill the cohort each year? The catchment area must be huge :roll:
cleo

Post by cleo »

The pass mark for MGS is not that high as I know a many children who failed the Trafford 11plus but passed MGS and vice versa. I know the entrance exam format is different so you cant compare like for like and MGS look for potential as well as cold hard data.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

cleo wrote:Catseye
Catseye wrote:95+ is only necessary for super-selectives like Q.E(and that's just to get through the first stage )
How do they manage to fill the cohort each year? The catchment area must be huge :roll:
It is huge!

If you ever venture into The Herts section you will find near hysteria amongst some parents, I should post there (tongue in cheek)suggesting a car share from Altrincham to Q.E a round trip of almost 400 miles :lol:

There is even a daily vigil on waiting lists :roll:

Q.E also has the most insane 6th form policy you could imagine exemplifying all that is wrong with selective education imo.
twinsgashead

Post by twinsgashead »

The maths paper is really tough at Altrincham and though both my sons passed, they didn't get a high enough score for OOC entry. I've got a feeling that dragged the scores down (though didn't get a breakdown so will never know) but one of mine got full marks in English and nearly full on VR at Urmston so shows the difference in exams. It's tough and it's the first one so maybe really go for the maths over the summer...?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now