School shoes for Y7 at AGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Oshosh

School shoes for Y7 at AGSB

Post by Oshosh »

Good morning everyone :D

Just shopping for school shoes and rugby/ football boots.

We have always been to clarks for school shoes- but DS has put his foot down this time :lol: ...he does not want to wear baby shoes anymore.

Could someone point me in the right direction for senior school shoes and rugby/ football boots.

Thanks
southbucks3

Re: School shoes for Y7 at AGSB

Post by southbucks3 »

Rugby boots/football boots....if hasn't got them yet then I assume he is not that Keen, so cheapest that fit in sports direct with rugby safe round studs.

School shoes....problem with adult men's shoes is they often have a heavy sole and heel, which boys in my house hate the feel of when they try them on....probably as they hamper lunchtime playground sports. :roll: Also adult men's size 6/7/8 assuming he is somewhere around there, are often too wide around the back ankle area for skinny little boys. I would stick with school shoes for a few years yet, get him some trendy pumps for the summer and discos, chilling with mates etc as a compromise.

Good luck...I hate shoe shopping.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

For rugby/football boots try Decathlon - their own brands are excellent as are their light soled trainers (which you require for indoor use).

As for shoes - my son is still wearing Clarks and he is nearly 16. The bootleg ones are just like Mens shoes.I bet 75% of the boys are still wearing them as well. I used to buy the Bradford style which I just about get the year out of ( though they are for for the bin by June) but this year we bought the Utility style ( I bought them in June so will be fine for Sept) . Very chunky and hardwearing.

http://www.clarks.co.uk/c/boys-school-shoes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Agree lots of boys are still wearing Clark's in senior school - though am sure the odd pair came from ASDA or Sainsbury's or ShoeZone when we couldn't find anything to fit in Clarks.

Re rugby / football boots - agree re sports direct, have good ranges and some v good value ones.
emsy

Post by emsy »

We stuck with Clarks for years 7, 8 and most of 9. We only changed because my DS needed bigger shoes in May and I wasn't paying Clarks prices for half a term - they would probably be too small by September. We got a cheaper pair from Sports Direct.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Thanks everyone. Thanks to TM for the link. Didnt know clarks did senior boy school shoe. Will have a look now.

My ds has football trainers well.....is thIs the boots described in the AGSB induction booklet.
It just says football/ rugby boots. So one pair for each?

Budget is tight, and i am struggling. Any advice is appreciated.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

How do you decide the fit- A,B C D........on the clarks website. Just looked at DS current shoes, and letters are all gone. I think the last time my husband went with him to buy...so not so sure of the fit :) ....
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Oshosh wrote:How do you decide the fit- A,B C D........on the clarks website. Just looked at DS current shoes, and letters are all gone. I think the last time my husband went with him to buy...so not so sure of the fit :) ....
In the absence of a Start-Rite fitter, Clarks ones really are the best, we have found, so if you really want to get shoes from the internet site - ?cheaper - you could go and get your DS's feet measured in the shop, but prime him well beforehand that he is not to find to his liking anything that they have in stock in his size...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

You need to get his feet measured. Standard would be F I think. As for sports shoes you need a non marking indoor sports shoe- I went to decathlon just got own brand. Football trainers for outside as they do it on astro and boots for rugby which they do on grass. Again I just got decathlon own brand- as my son is not sporty and they weren't used much!!

I think that's right but others might offer more info.
Vicster

Post by Vicster »

Start rite have printable measuring gauges and an online photo upload measuring application. You can use these at home to check size if you want to order online.

http://www.startriteshoes.com/fitting/measure-at-home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now