Anticipated levels at end Year 4??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mandy21

Anticipated levels at end Year 4??

Post by Mandy21 »

We have just had school reports and we have not had SATS type levels, its been given in the form of B / A / A* being achieving at expected national level, exceeding national level and significantly exceeding national level.

My son (coming to the end of Year 4) got As in Maths and Reading, and a B+ in his writing. He is in the most able groups at school for maths and literacy, but his writing is scruffy and whilst his written literacy work is good and factually correct, there is no flair (i.e if he answered a comprehension question about what happened in the story he would write something like 'The man went to the town. Then he went to the shop. Then he said to the lady that he wanted a drink and she said ok". You know, just basic facts. He understands more complex words but doesn't use them. Obviously at the moment with AGSB going back to NVR rather than English that would suit him but I realise it will probably change for the 2015 exam.

Any comments? Is that something we can work on and get up to the required standard? Does that sound like your son (who then went on and passed for AGSB?) Or am I being unrealistic that he has a chance? I'm not really too friendly with any other boys' parents so I can't really compare. Teachers are a bit non-committal at the moment.

Thank you.