cheadle hulme Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anxious loreto mum

cheadle hulme Grammar

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Does anyone know anything about CHG. Thinking as a back up but don't know anyone who goes?
:?
kids best friend

Post by kids best friend »

Hello ALM, Cheadle Hulme School (independant Grammar) Is a very good school. My DD has been attending for just a short while however, the teachers are very nice, the pupils are well mannered, polite and friendly and mort importantly the results are very, very good.
The results are just a notch lower than mgs and manchester high, and better than any other independant grammar in the area.

It is a friendly school (as my DD is very shy) pupils approach others in order to make friends and the school also encourages the exchange of details,telephone numbers e-mail, on induction day so that the transition is less daunting. The kids adapt and like the school very early on.
I hope this helps.
anxious loreto mum

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Many thanks for the info - Do you know if a high number of applicants for the places available - My concern is most will feed through from the Junior school limiting the places avail and also friendships are already strongly formed .

Its difficult when you just want to do the right thing for them!
kids best friend

Post by kids best friend »

Hi, Dont worry too much about applicants, if your child is able to sit the other entrance exams he/she will be able to pass. There are a fair few that sit the exam but not all pass and then not all accept the place allocated if given due to other preferences.

they will need to do verbal reasoning, maths and a english composition. Also on the exam day they will take part in an activity of their choice.

After the papers are marked the school will invite the pupils that pass, for an informal interview, parents will have to wait outside. If they do well in the interview they will be given a place at the school in march by letter.
gatley too

Post by gatley too »

Hi

Did anyone else sit the Cheadle Hulme exam and get an interview?

Really curious to know how many called for an interview and how many sat the exam - does anyone know

:roll:
LooniesMum2

Re: cheadle hulme Grammar

Post by LooniesMum2 »

Hi

Resurrecting an old thread here...

Can any one help regarding independent school exams - Cheadle Independent and Stockport; how do the exams compare, difficulty wise, with AGGS/AGSB?

We really liked both when we looked round, Cheadle probably top choice, but worried about passing the exam!

LM2
gatley too

Post by gatley too »

Hi

My daughter didn't pass AGGS by a couple of marks but passed for Cheadle Hulme.

The exam is a completely different format from what I remember as they spend the full day at the school, having lunch & another activity outside of the exams. My daughter felt very relaxed with the day and successfully offered a place but took up another GS offer.
Good luck, we too loved the school
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

Thanks Gatleytoo, that's really helpful. According to school my DS is "g+t" but didn't do all that well on AGSB, though did great on their maths paper (seems to have come unstuck on NVR). So I'm worrying about what level they are looking for at Stockport Grammar/Cheadle.

Did you go for interview? Can't believe they don't let you know until March but understandably people aren't going to make decisions until they've had all offers/refusals in!

LM
gatley too

Post by gatley too »

Hi

Yes DD got an interview, again they made her feel totally relaxed. If I remember correctly result arrived a week before LEA allocation came out.
Are the entrance exams still after Christmas for CHG?

Good luck
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

Hi, yes exam in January for Stockport and Cheadle Independent. Am worrying about how they select if oversubscribed - that and the fact that his handwriting looks like several spiders had a fight and then exploded on the page (maybe that's what he imagines as he's writing!!) :shock:

Good to know they don't stress them out on exam day!

LM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now