Urmston Grammar UGS - Assessment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

edbarnes

Re: Urmston Grammar UGS - Assessment

Post by edbarnes »

hi
Thanks for all your replies.
I think the nvr is going to be tricky time wise and wondered if any parents of children who have passed the ugs exam have any advice on the nvr. My dc is good at them but hasn't yet finished a timed paper and always has about 5 questions unanswered. Did any children not do all the nvr but still passed?
Also I thought I'd read a post which said that nvr marks count as 4 points per question whereas maths and English count as 1 point per question - not sure if the post was about Urmston or generally but can't find the post now.
Good luck to all the new pupils starting at Urmston in year 7. If anybody remembers could you post here as to how there child is getting on and whether they are enjoying it.
Once again thanks for all the replies.
Vicster

Re: Urmston Grammar UGS - Assessment

Post by Vicster »

It is the first time I have heard of a points system but I don't know much about UGS exams so you could be right. I had assumed that they would work out the score on a standardised basis like the other Grammars. So if the maximum standardised score is 141 per subject then they can get 141 in each of the subjects rather than a weighting being applied to each of the subjects.