UGS chances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sugeo

UGS chances

Post by sugeo »

Hi there!

Congrats to all whose DCs passed! My DD did too with 377 UGS and 401 Stretford. We prefer UGS, due to distance

Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice on our chances of getting through to either school above as we are a bit confused as to whether we would compromise our chances elsewhere if we put down either of the above on CAF as our first and second choices?

We live 5.5 miles from UGS and 7.6 miles from SGS according to straight line distance finder.

Also, is there any point in renting/buying a house near Urmston before Oct 31 and move in there with the hope of making that our permanent abode if DD does manage to get a place?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!
enema

Re: UGS chances

Post by enema »

I think they go off the address you used at the time of application.
Homebird

Post by Homebird »

I think you would have a better chance with Urmston. According to the Trafford admissions document all applicants were offered places in 2014 and in 2013 I think the catchment went out about 5.5 miles. Stretford's catchment area tends to be much smaller - about 2.2 miles but they take a wider range of ability.
Good luck and well done on the passes.
sugeo

Post by sugeo »

Thanks to you both for the replies! I have submitted CAF with Urmston as first choice. Now its a case of wait and see I guess!!
me boo

Post by me boo »

Don't forget Urmston have increased their PAN from 128 to 150 and so I would imagine your chances are better on distance than in previous years.
sugeo

Post by sugeo »

True. I'm hoping for the best! Does anyone know what distance they went upto last year ? Don't Think score matters as long as you have passed?
me boo

Post by me boo »

You are right - score doesn't matter. Last year they unexpectedly increased from a published PAN of 128, to allow 150 in. This meant all applicants got a place.

Previous year was 4.1 miles, but that was with lower Admission numbers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now