Is anyone else feeling it?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
miltonkeynes

Is anyone else feeling it?

Post by miltonkeynes »

I'm finding waiting for these results really tough, it seems to be taking ages. I'm trying to hide it from DC but its an awful wait.
rocky_robin

Re: Is anyone else feeling it?

Post by rocky_robin »

TBH my son hasn't mentioned it and appears very relaxed about the whole thing, although there's been plenty going on to distract him

One the other hand I'm not looking forward to those envelopes arriving

The scenarios could be mixed, if he passes Sale and Alty Boys then I want him to go to Alty, his mum wants him to go to Sale and he's torn between the 2 (influenced I think by which of his friends are going)

If he passes one of the two we have perhaps a bit of disappointment but the choice is easy and made for us

If he doesn't pass either, a lot of disappointment and no doubt a few tears shed after he worked hard (and we perhaps think about what more we could have done) but then he goes to Wellington which is a good school in itself

My gut feeling is that he may just miss both Sale and Alty, based on what he's said about the exams and also the scores he was getting on the practice papers over the summer

It's not the be all and end all but I think he may react differently when the results arrive, particularly depending on how his friends and peers have done
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Yes , i am feeling a little anxious, DS is as cool as a cucumber!! He lives for the moment which i suppose is much better and i guess just like the majority of 11yr old boys! I hAve been through this before a few years ago and it is just the same this time. Ds sat Alty and St Ambrose so at least we have 2 chances i guess being out of area with Altrincham Boys makes it more difficult but with having St A as a back up i feel a little more confident which is helping with my nerves!!! Hopefully next week???? My friends boy in 2012 got his results on the Wed which took it to 4weeks and 4days wait, so maybe this time next week we may have heard??? In the meantime i will continue to eat my way through all the chocolate i can get my hands on!!
NS1

Post by NS1 »

I am REALLY feeling it, getting through lots of wine!
DS doesn't really mention it, which is good, but I'm not sure how I'll get through the next week. Alty is our first choice, but if things don't go our way I have no idea what order DSs choices will be??????
miltonkeynes

Post by miltonkeynes »

We did AGSB (DC found very hard), Sale (impossible), Stretford (not too bad), St Ambrose (which I've since found out DS probably hasnt a chance as we are not RC). The waiting is tough, at least i'm keeping the local off licence in business! :lol:
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

Yep! got a feeling poor DS is too. This wait is a nightmare!
Vicster

Post by Vicster »

I am feeling it now. I was okay the first two weeks and then started to feel it last week and I am now really feeling it. DS has only sat Alty and needs an out of catchment score so it is likely that he might not pass but he is looking at other options.
wanem

Post by wanem »

Vicster wrote:I am feeling it now. I was okay the first two weeks and then started to feel it last week and I am now really feeling it. DS has only sat Alty and needs an out of catchment score so it is likely that he might not pass but he is looking at other options.
What does 'an out of catchment score' mean? Does a child who's out of the catchment have a chance if high enough score is achieved? My DD is going to apply Alty girls and we are in the catchment but 7 miles away from it. I almost think she doesn't have any chance no matter how much score she gets.
mayday

Post by mayday »

OOC scores are relevant to the system used to allocate places by Alty boys rather than girls. I think 7 miles is beyond where AGGS usually admit up to from the girls who pass.
wanem

Post by wanem »

Thanks mayday. I understand. I didn't know the difference of admission between Alty girls and boys.