Highest Performing Schools in the North West

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Catseye

Highest Performing Schools in the North West

Post by Catseye »

http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/sch ... lection.pl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vicster

Re: Highest Performing Schools in the North West

Post by Vicster »

It isn't a complete list because MGS doesn't feature on the list. I am not sure if any other schools are missing.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

you are of course right :oops: I did in a bit of rush, not only did I miss a top school as MGS but other top school like Stockport Grammar , CHS, Merchant Taylor Boys and Girls Liverpool

but the shocking thing is, only 7 N.W school come into the top 100 BBC rankings;

WGS(as per usual) MHSG , The Grange School , MGS , King's School Chester,AGGS ,Queens School Chester ,in that rank order and only one state school!!

I cannot understand it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-31023681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vicster

Post by Vicster »

Even the BBC data is far from perfect. It cannot account for students who leave after GCSE stage to take GCSEs at local 6th form colleges or those who take up work based qualifications (apprenticeships etc). The data gives a reasonable account of how schools perform based on the students it has at A level stage but I think people have to think a little deeper about the usefulness of the statistics rather than relying on them entirely.
The value added data is probably the most useful part as it allows the user to gauge how the school performs against others regardless of the level of the intake.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now