Unauthorized Absences In Class

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
enigma

Unauthorized Absences In Class

Post by enigma »

Hello to all! I just wonder if several days unauthorized absences of my DC will affect his application to the grammar schools. Due to important family affairs unrelated to leisure holidays, DC's school attendance will be affected; and if the headteacher isn't happy of his absences, will this cause the grammar schools to deny their offer to the DC in case he's due to have one? If it is so, though we may accept the responsibility, it may be unfair to him and his efforts. Please enlighten me. Many thanks :-)
Image "A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human."
- Alan Turing
Tinkers

Re: Unauthorized Absences In Class

Post by Tinkers »

I don't think there is even a mechanism for the school to even tell the GS at this stage. Info from primary schools is passed on to secondary schools but only once places have been accepted.
The only thing that counts is the test result.
enigma

Re: Unauthorized Absences In Class

Post by enigma »

Thank you so much Tinker, it really such a relief. This scenario came to my mind when I heard the words of his headteacher when I spoke to her that his high school may be affected because of our decision that may result to him being absent in class for several days. I've been worried since then that his effort for a chance to a grammar school place may end up in vain because of this. I know I can be this stupid thinking about it this way but I really can't help it. :-(
Image "A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human."
- Alan Turing
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now