Confuse with catchment area for AGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sonismom

Confuse with catchment area for AGGS

Post by sonismom »

Hi, I'm new to this forum. My daughter will sit down for 11+ exam on next September. I'm out of catchment area. I'm living in Prestbury. It's difficult for me to go to Altringham. :( My question is "" is it possible my daughter to sit down for the exam even though she is out of catchment area and if it so how much marks she has to achieve ""??
Reading Mum

Re: Confuse with catchment area for AGGS

Post by Reading Mum »

I think you are going to need this post moving to the area specific to this school

Moved to Trafford
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

AGGS has a boundary limit of 8 mile radius from the school, but in in the last few yrs girls have come from 6.1miles in 2012 , 5.8miles in 2013, 5.3 miles(I think) in 2014 so the net so to speak seems to be closing.

Theoretically one can apply from anywhere in the U.K but to be in with a chance, realistically you need to be within the 6 mile limit.

your daughter will have to score at least 334+ age standardised.

AGGS is a little odd it also standardises within it's own self-select cohort in order to differentiate between very able students not the national cohort

after the 2nd of march you will get an idea where the 2015 cohort boundary line will be, I have a feeling it could be even tighter unfortunately due to some "trouble at the mill" with Lymm High and quite a few youngsters are applying to the Trafford Grammars last yr, but things are stabilising there, so the boundaries may move further out again for the 2016 cohort :)
sonismom

Post by sonismom »

Thank you for your kind reply catseye. I'll be touch with this.