Second round offers - AGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Here's hoping

Second round offers - AGGS

Post by Here's hoping »

just phoned to see where we were in the waiting list and told that no second round offers are being made - does this means there are a lot of appeals?
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Second round offers - AGGS

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

No, my understanding is that appeals are admitted over and above PAN, so I assume that no one offered in the first round has declined, which is pretty surprising (an understatement) as I'd expect that places would be declined in favour of Withington/MHSG?
Here's hoping

Post by Here's hoping »

I was v surprised too - maybe they over offered on the first round? Anybody else heard anything?
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

That is not unusual as they often over offer by a small margin as they know that some places will be declined in favour of independent or other grammar places. In year groups with lots of siblings they often dont get to a second allocation as they can pretty much guarantee that the sibling places will be taken up.
Vicster

Post by Vicster »

We turned down our offer for AGSB and I know another family who have also turned down an offer so unless they have offered over PAN or are expecting a lot of appeals there should be some movement on the waiting list.
Does anybody know what the OOC minimum qualifying score was this year? Knowing what it was might give some people an idea of where they might be on the waiting list.

Edited: just realised the thread is about AGGS and not AGSB.....must read properly next time.
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Keep the faith.
6 of us (to my knowledge) were offered a place with less than a month to go as we stayed on the waiting list (didn't appeal etc as no reasonable grounds other than vexation IMO)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now