Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bobblehat

Sale Trafford CEM

Post by bobblehat »

Hi Everyone,

First time I post, please be gentle!

My DD is sitting Sale exam. We've been practising with Letts CEM practise papers, just wanted to know if anyone had any views on how similar (or not) these are to the format of the real thing? Especially in regard to if the test is in clear, separate timed sections for each topic (i.e. without possiblity of moving between sections).

Also, are all the sections always included or do they chop and change the type of content? e.g miss out cloze, miss out nets etc etc

Thanks in advance
:)
yoyo123

Re: Sale Trafford CEM

Post by yoyo123 »

Have a look here

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... rd-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll move your post to the Trafford section, you may get more info there.
bobblehat

Post by bobblehat »

Brilliant, thanks.
Valmont

Post by Valmont »

My younger DD is sitting AGGS and SGS this time. Its been a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE compared to the good old GL assessment test my older DD sat three years ago for AGGS and passed.

The CEM booklets we have been working through seem very advanced for a 10 year old to master and she is a bright girl. She has struggled with the maths and VR. There seems to be a big focus on vocab and comprehension in the new CEM test. I can only assume the schools will have to adjust the scores accordingly otherwise they will be teaching empty classrooms come next September!

Glad this is my last shot at the 11+ am definatley getting too old for this!
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

Exactly the same situation here: the cem is turning out to be a complete nightmare:(
The uncertainty of it just too much for 10 years olds!!
Anyway, what & how much is everyone doing these days? We did Cem style full test today & on average scored 63%. We keep running out of time.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Try not to worry too much - in many of the cem areas only 50-55% will gain you a GS place. I know it sounds daft but these cem tests are like you've never seen before- speed is essential.
SashaO

Post by SashaO »

Thanks God I`m not the only one who worry about CEM. It is far to complicated I think. We have 2 tutors per week and I still not sure my DD is ready to get 85% :(