Sale Exam - How Did It Go?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
deltamum

Re: Sale Exam - How Did It Go?

Post by deltamum »

Brainfreeze wrote:Interesting range of verdicts from DCs.

The two exams are very different so I guess it depends on where your preferences lie depending on the English element of the CEM exam. DS is more maths and logic oriented so would normally be more suited to the GL Ass style of AGSB, but he seemed more positive about Sale.

It probably helped that Sale was his second experience etc.

This waiting business is going to be a real trial. I'm very not patient. Would totally fail those 'deferred gratification' tests they do on little kids. I'm off to try to work out when to expect AGSB results...
We're in exactly the same boat, he's more suited to GL and was more prepared for that as AGSB was the priority but he felt better about Sale. It might have been different if Sale was first as you say. He says he would prefer Sale anyway.

I've heard 16th for AGSB but I understand they put something on their website to confirm.

Good luck!
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

I have deduced the 16th of Oct as well Delta. I'm like a veritable Miss Marple :-)

It seems to be that Friday about 5 weeks after the exam.

So I guess we would receive them on Saturday the 17th or Monday the 19th.

How many sleeps?!!!
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

Good luck to your DS too by the way.
cleo

Post by cleo »

Brainfreeze wrote:Interesting range of verdicts from DCs.

The two exams are very different so I guess it depends on where your preferences lie depending on the English element of the CEM exam. DS is more maths and logic oriented so would normally be more suited to the GL Ass style of AGSB, but he seemed more positive about Sale.

It probably helped that Sale was his second experience etc.

This waiting business is going to be a real trial. I'm very not patient. Would totally fail those 'deferred gratification' tests they do on little kids. I'm off to try to work out when to expect AGSB results...

It would be interesting to know if other 11plus area have different formats or just Trafford. I think it is hard trying to prepare DC for two different style of exams. Thus just concentrated on AGSB and Stretford format. I only gave DS familiarisation papers I downloaded from the Sale school website. :oops: However that being said DS didn't find the English element hard but the maths and NVR. I think the timing through him as he was used to completing 50 questions in 50 minutes not in sections. Like another poster has commented it is not just subject knowledge CEM are testing. Why are most schools changing to CEM? Does anyone know what AGSB are going to do next year .. just curious. Thankfully this is my last one going sitting the 11 plus. :D :D
enema

Post by enema »

It is a pain preparing for 2 different type of exams! The duration of the exams is also challenging prep-wise: 2 x 50 min mixed content exams as per CEM vs 50 mins Maths, 50 mins VR, 20 mins NVR etc for GL exams.
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

this is only my opinion; people might not agree: gl tests ability more than cem does, so don't know what the change is for.
personally, my dd felt she needed more time for nvr Qs & found some of maths unable to complete. she did cem this year sale/ags
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Feedback here (mum friends at a variety of schools - there has been some frantic texting!) was that it was difficult mainly due to the timings. DD (top of class, expected to walk it - she has done 3 mocks with ******* and hasn't dropped below 90%) said it was much harder than anticipated. I haven't heard of anyone completing all of the sections - particularly the section of 32 questions in 4 and a half minutes. My DD got to number 25 and guessed the last 7 (she's very accurate and quick usually so this is unheard of). Agree with pp, there were a few questions on the Maths which she says didn't provide enough information to answer.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now