AGSB Results to be posted on 15th Oct

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nervousmom

Re: AGSB Results to be posted on 15th Oct

Post by nervousmom »

Brainfreeze wrote:Trafford is pretty quiet.

Either the northen contingent is just very self possessed or emotionally repressed.

Welcome nervousmum - this is everyone. Everyone - this is nervousmum. She is having an affair with her postman (allegedly).

The Birmingham thread is a bit more saucy.

I'm in such a state of heightened anticipication for results that I forgot it was school photos today.

Sssshhhh, its a secret :wink:

Our results are going out first class tonight.

Join us tomorrow on our Brummie forum to see the latest news and nervous breakdowns :?

I'm on the Warwickshire thread as well, as we are in Warwickshire, but awaiting news from Brum & Warks (combined exam this year for first time)

Warwickshire is a lot more sedate, but what would one expect from Shakespeare's county :o

As you can see, us Brummies are all going a bit daft :lol:
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

oh ...the brumie forum , I love it!!! soo lively:) & reading it has kept me going so far:))

brainfreeze, I'm the same; nothing seems to distract me from the result day

does anyone remember how quickly 'months' flew by when dc were preparing. How unfair now all of a sudden 'days' have become sooo long.
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

That is so true happyface. I need to schedule something awful in for Saturday to make time go quicker.

Coming back to what bookaddict said, a LOT of people took the exams from this region so it is unexpected that it should be such a quiet forum.

I heard 1000 taking AGSB and 2000 taking Sale?!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

5300 were registered under Brum and 2200 under Warks, so 7500 children awaiting results!

We do have a large number of GS in these parts though, so we are fairly lucky.

There are 7 schools in the Birmingham consortium and 6 in Warwickshire.

There are others too in Wolverhampton, Newport and Telford I think, but that was a different exam which took place in July.

Our DC sat exam on 12th Sept. The first 4 weeks flew by, but the last few days it feels like the clocks are broken :?

When are you guys expecting your results?
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

nervousmom wrote:5300 were registered under Brum and 2200 under Warks, so 7500 children awaiting results!

We do have a large number of GS in these parts though, so we are fairly lucky.

There are 7 schools in the Birmingham consortium and 6 in Warwickshire.

There are others too in Wolverhampton, Newport and Telford I think, but that was a different exam which took place in July.

Our DC sat exam on 12th Sept. The first 4 weeks flew by, but the last few days it feels like the clocks are broken :?

When are you guys expecting your results?
We have about 7 too. Not really any neighbouring areas with state grammars close enough for us to consider. We do have some excellent non selectives though so not getting into grammar is not the end of the world like it can be for some areas.

Altrincham boys results posted out tomorrow. Alty girls and sale grammar posted out on Monday. In real life this is taking over our conversations but alas, the forum remains quiet....

Fingers crossed for you!
Olliesmum

Post by Olliesmum »

Ha Ha Brainfreeze! You do keep us entertained! I watch the threads on here everyday - as we all do. Just to see if there's any snippet of news I've missed - or to see if I'm the only one driving myself crazy over this wait!!

I think this is torture designed just for parents...but not long now! I am very busy at work at the moment - so don't get to think about it all during the day - then I all of a sudden remember what week it is...and my heart sinks.
My DS is only waiting for St Ambrose and Urmston Grammar - and we're only 50% sure of success... so as I say - what will be, will be. :(
Mstar

Post by Mstar »

ds: Mum can we wait until Tuesday when all results have arrived before opening the letters?

Mum: Oh that sounds like a good idea...

Mum thinks: WHAT!?! Are you crazy? After the past year we are just going to stare at the unopened envelopes? Not a chance matey! :?
elizabethswan

Post by elizabethswan »

My ds wants us to open the envelope 'together' but I think I might cheat and buy a window envelope so I know the result first, is that bad? I wonder if he'd notice if there's no post mark??
fatsals

Post by fatsals »

Stick a stamp on, he won't know the difference.
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

:lol: olliesmum

When are your results out then?

Envy your work being busy. Mine was busy last week but this week is dragging!

Mstar - you would be a better person than me if you could be that patient to open results. But since you decided against it, clearly you are just as shamelessly impatient as me.

Some cunning ideas coming out about re-enveloping the letter...hmmm...

I just passed an hour by watching The Apprentice. Now off to bed to use up another 8 hours.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now