AGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Catseye

Re: AGGS

Post by Catseye »

enema wrote:Yes, I realised last night that aggs aim to pass the top 35%, so the pass mark would not be an influencing variable. Therefore, is it a question of whether the skills to pass the new content ie more English focused VR, are found in the historic catchment?
It may make a difference to those whose first language is not English, not much of issue in South Trafford since here we have a quite homogeneous ethnic demographic , but may be significant for the Stretford area which has a more mixed cohort and more inner-city than say Hale/Bowdon/Lymm/Knutsford?
I also fear for local homogeneous white areas like Partington or Broadheath or certain areas of Sale ( the infamous " race course estate" )the chances of a bright child getting into AGGS would be close to zero!

This cannot be fair, unless you belief children in these areas are innately less intelligent than my children who have had every advantage in life.

I cannot speak for other people's children, but my children are not genetically more intelligent than any other child on average, they are however,just incredibly lucky to come from a wealthy and educated background, where education is valued above everything else.
wanem

Re: AGGS

Post by wanem »

enema wrote:Yes, I realised last night that aggs aim to pass the top 35%, so the pass mark would not be an influencing variable. Therefore, is it a question of whether the skills to pass the new content ie more English focused VR, are found in the historic catchment?
That's what I guessed recently.

Thanks for all your input. I think I better stop dreaming and think more realistically.