Urmston Grammar Local Review

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Judrop

Re: Urmston Grammar Local Review

Post by Judrop »

Rainysunshine001 wrote:That's lovely. V pleased for your friend.
So is the review process different in every single trafford GS? Just asking because I thought appeal is only heared after March or am I wrong? Thank you
Not sure about the review process at other Trafford Grammar schools. However, the Local Review undertaken at UGS is dealt with by UGS Admission Review Body. You are not expected to attend this. You still have the right to make a statutory appeal after 1st March regardless of the Local Review process.
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Judrop wrote:
Olliesmum wrote:Just heard that some results have arrived - in the post yesterday. My friend's ds has won the appeal with 8 marks under! Good news! :)
That's great news for your friend :D Unfortunately we were unsuccessful with the Local Review :( Will be having a long hard think whether to take it to the statutory appeal after March. Wow, so very stressful!
Sorry to make you revisit this! Can you tell me how many marks short of Urmston you were?
Rhubarb

Post by Rhubarb »

On page 23 it mentions Academies/foundation/voluntary aided schools to return ranked data on 17 December or next working day.

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/s ... pectus.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I’m wondering if they will also send outcomes of the review.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Mbrenno84 wrote:
Judrop wrote:
Olliesmum wrote:Just heard that some results have arrived - in the post yesterday. My friend's ds has won the appeal with 8 marks under! Good news! :)
That's great news for your friend :D Unfortunately we were unsuccessful with the Local Review :( Will be having a long hard think whether to take it to the statutory appeal after March. Wow, so very stressful!
Sorry to make you revisit this! Can you tell me how many marks short of Urmston you were?
This is quite an old thread and it is unlikely that the people who posted earlier in the thread will see your post
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

This is quite an old thread and it is unlikely that the people who posted earlier in the thread will see your post
True. I clocked the date. Just thought it might generate an email to them to say something has been posted. Also PM’d someone. Thanks for following up.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now