School Allocations - Here We Go

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TIDDLYMUM

Re: School Allocations - Here We Go

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

You should accept the LA Offer initially as you will be required to do so by a certain date. Then remain on the waiting list ( this can take quite a while to start moving). If you are definitely going to go Indi if you don't get your waiting list offer, then at an appropriate time you can let the LA Offer go ( no doubt there will be some poor parent and child desperately waiting for the place you are giving up, so do this as soon as you possibly can). But a lot can happen, circumstances change and you don't want to be left with no school! I'm sure you won't do what many other have and accept the LA place then just not turn up in September. My friend lost out on an appeal place at a local Stockport school here and shelled out on a full uniform etc for her child who started at her allocated school, only to get a call from the first choice school, several children had not turned up on the first day ( this is to a school which is massively oversubscribed with a long waiting list) and a result they could offer her child a place. So, upheaval and expense, which could have been avoided.

Very best of luck, if its AGSB you are hoping for, might be a better chance than usual as I recall they are having a bigger intake this year?
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Re. timing of the allocation emails: somebody mentioned on another thread that in some areas emails were sent out in the evening on 1 March, but if someone logged into the system to view their application earlier during the day, they could view the result. I'm not sure whether that would apply in other areas, but may be worth trying.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

That's really helpful, thank you.

No I wouldn't forget to tell them - that's awful! I think we'd have to have a personal cut off point in any case - we couldn't cope with the uncertainty for too long! :roll:

LM2
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Good luck everyone waiting for allocation, Ds went through last year, now at AGSB and loving it. Just to say if you are border line for OOC and dont get an offer on the day, last year at least 6 boys from my DS primary turned down their offers for a place as MGS. So there should be some movement from the waiting list as I am sure this must happen each year. Not long now.
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

Good Luck LM2 and everyone else on the edge. :cry:

Let's hope for the best, but whatever will be will be.
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

Thanks ManYou - you too.

DS said yesterday "I can't wait for Tuesday!" - "Really?" I said. "Yeah" says he "The Flash is back on!" :lol:
Homebird

Post by Homebird »

There was talk at the open day back in July of Stretford Grammar increasing their admissions number this year. Does anyone know if this increase will be going ahead?
Thanks.
enema

Post by enema »

Not heard anything other than the PAN of 128. There are 20 places for out of catchment this year but seems included within the 128.
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

Looking back over previous years it seems the national Allocation day is a very approximate date, the authorities seem to get confused by weekends and the like and many people do find out early. 2 years ago we were able to log onto a local government website and see the result we did this around the midnight of the published date...keen I guess. I just rang the local authority to see if the same mechanism is open tonight for my son and they deny any knowledge of it having ever existed..

Great!!!
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Trafford has sent emails saying allocation goes live at 00.00 tonight/tomorrow.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now