Alty boys -Year 7 languages

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
workerbee

Alty boys -Year 7 languages

Post by workerbee »

Could someone please explain how languages are chosen/allocated at Alty Boys in year 7. Do the boys choose 2 from 3, and is this form dependent !!!!
NS1

Re: Alty boys -Year 7 languages

Post by NS1 »

You will get information via post and can select preferences of languages, but these are not guaranteed. DS1 listed Spanish and French, but was allocated French and German. DS2 listedSpanish and French, but was given Spanish and German. You can't change these as the whole form will do the same languages. Language 1 for the first half of the year and language 2 during the second half of the year. They start languages from scratch and my boys have had no issues.
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

NS1 wrote:You will get information via post and can select preferences of languages, but these are not guaranteed. DS1 listed Spanish and French, but was allocated French and German. DS2 listedSpanish and French, but was given Spanish and German. You can't change these as the whole form will do the same languages. Language 1 for the first half of the year and language 2 during the second half of the year. They start languages from scratch and my boys have had no issues.
The forms are divided depending on the languages they are taking. So if your DS has a buddy he wants to be in the same class as they need to request the same languages.
NS1

Post by NS1 »

The forms are divided depending on the languages they are taking. So if your DS has a buddy he wants to be in the same class as they need to request the same languages.[/quote]

It may be worth checking if that is true as my DS identified 2 friends he wanted to be with and the three of them had different language preferences, but ended up in the same form.
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

I'm sure that's true NS1, I just thought it was worth mentioning as the forms are divided based on the languages they are taking.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now