Info Pack AGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
workerbee

Info Pack AGSB

Post by workerbee »

Has anyone heard anything from the Boys school since accepting the place, does anyone remember from previous experience when they get in touch with us... Thx.
wilmslowmum

Re: Info Pack AGSB

Post by wilmslowmum »

Hi Workerbee, We received ours mid May last year. At a recent PFA meeting they were suggesting that when the boys have a taster day they would offer a coffee morning drop in for the new parents. I think that is a great idea, i would have enjoyed that last year. When our boys get their place we parents are really excited too and if you are anything like me you want to know as much as possible before they start. Going for their uniform , getting everything ready is such a wonderful memory for us sentimental mums!!! I hope your DS enjoys AGSB as much as my DS has this year. Such a great school.
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

Many Thx for your post Wilmslowmum. The coffee morning does sound like a great idea. My son is ready to leave Primary School now you can see it is his face. It's a shame to wish your life away but i am excited for him.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Do they have a Taster day now then? My son is in 6th form and they didn't have one, we just went for an evening meeting in June or July and the boys were taken off in form groups for an hour whilst we had a talk.

Seems a lifetime ago now..... :wink:
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

They call it a transition day. Its designed throughout the school years for each class to spend time with their new teacher (imagine primary)...for year 6 to year 7 this means a school change, a good idea I think.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

that's good then. They had it at all our local comps but not at AGSB. We are OOC and that would have been great had they had one.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

We've already had the date for the taster day, it was in with the info about accepting the place (can't remember off the top of my head but it is in July).
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

Just read the letter - I missed that, many thanks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now