Children at Altrincham Grammar induction days today?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mandy21

Children at Altrincham Grammar induction days today?

Post by Mandy21 »

All very excited but slightly nervous too. How were your DC?

Were you are the parents' evening this week? Think the Year 7 tutor at the boys school was great!
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Children at Altrincham Grammar induction days today?

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

My son is a Year 7 prefect! He was going in early today to sort things out. He was very pleased to be selected as that was his first choice prefect job, and very proud of his new prefect tie :D

It seems like 5 minutes since he was starting as a Year 7 himself and he's going to U6 in September :shock:

They didn't have an induction day when he started, I think its a great idea. I bet your son will love it.

Let us know how he gets on?
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

I will. It was funny, they were talking about the boys being at the school until June 2023 :shock: and how quickly they go from fresh faced Year 7s to finishing 6th form and all going off inter-railing (a big group of them apparently went yesterday!). Can't quite get my head around that yet!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I'm still laying my sons clothes out for him every morning and hanging his packed lunch on the front door so he doesn't forget it, so the thought of inter railing :shock:

In my defence, he is my only child.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

You're allowed Tiddlymum.

He loved it - summary of the day was "9/10 but there were quite a lot of good footballers" (he'd love to make the school team so he was slightly perturbed at that!). Apparently he & his school friend were "demons" in the badminton tournament though :D !

All sounds very positive to a smooth transition in September :)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Of course it will be. It's a lovely school, my son's been really happy there. I know your son will love it!

Enjoy the Hols, get started on that labelling! :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now