Saady

Re: Altrincham grammar boys school

Post by Saady »

*AGGS
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Saady wrote:*AGGS
There is an independent school in South London which is known as JAGS (James Allen's Girls' School) - I thought that 'gags' might be a northern relative :D .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
enema

Post by enema »

No word on if the change is expected. They might not like to be left behind though. Presumably depends on how well they think their present system is selecting. We only found out the April before the Sept exam that AGGS was changing.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

The admissions policy says it must be the "permanent" address, it cannot be a temporary address, an address of a carer or relative, or a second or subsequent
address and any changes of address at any time must be notified to the school. They say if the address information provided was false, incorrect or misleading then the place can be withdrawn. There is no definite answer (as far as I can see) for how long you have to live in the catchment as a permanent address, although it says if you move away before the end of the term (end December after starting in the September) the place will be reviewed - if you move after that, I imagine they look whether there has been an attempt to bypass the system to get a place. I do think they're very keen to ensure its fair and no cheating goes on - you have to produce an inordinate amount of documentation when the place is offered (utility statements, council tax statements, medical documentation showing the child registered at the address you use) when you accept the place.

They tried to change the entrance exam format a couple of years ago and it was challenged successfully saying the school had not given sufficient notice. I think it will change, its just a question of when.
Saady

Post by Saady »

Yes that's the trouble that they don't say much on website,
I intend to move somewhere more affordable and obviously a bigger family home, may be in a years time once getting a place, but not too far out as my little one would be ready for exam in few years, if the little one gets to Manchester grammar then it'll be a little different,
Older one did try mgs but failed,
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now