Trafford results thread...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
d_shubh

Re: Trafford results thread...

Post by d_shubh »

Thanks Tillybob for your assurance. That helped me to keep my mind at little bit rest
ConcernedMum

Post by ConcernedMum »

Quite surprised at the small difference between AGGS and Sale standardisation (about 5 points) I know the bell curve means there will be a lot of scores around the pass mark but even so - is it becoming less common to pass for Sale but not AGSG? (Several in my son's class in 2007 but no-one in my daughter's so far)
Time doesn't fly

Post by Time doesn't fly »

Passed Loreto which was our 1st choice quite comfortably. Just missed AGSG by 3 points, just passed Sale by 1 point. I was quite surprised at the small difference between those too.
wangxiaosara

Post by wangxiaosara »

http://www.urmstongrammar.org.uk/admiss ... roduction/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to this, this year Urmston Grammar had approximately 700 to 900 kids who are qualified to be considered for a place (if my guess is right). Considering this is the first year Urmston went for CEM, then it is quite difficult to compare the figures to the previous years. It would be interesting to see how the school to allocate their places.
Tillybob

Post by Tillybob »

Tdf, congratulations to your DD on passing loreto. A few years ago my DD passed aggs and loreto and we were not sure which to choose. We chose loreto and are so pleased we did. It's been a fantastic school in everyway and she loves the supportive family atmosphere. I'm sure your DD will love it.
Sephy1

Post by Sephy1 »

Congratulations Tdf! I wish Ambrose would ****** hurry up with theirs! You must be really pleased! :lol:
Time doesn't fly

Post by Time doesn't fly »

Thanks, we are so relieved. We loved the feel if the school when we went on open morning, much more than AGSG for her, so fingers crossed about allocation. Thanks Tilly, it is always good to hear from happy parents as that is what you want for your child - to be happy! Hope St A gets sending soon, the wait more than anything is a killer! Congratulations to everyone however they have done - a lot of hard work has been going on in all our houses!
Sephy1

Post by Sephy1 »

Does anyone think there's a chance SA might come tomorrow? I suppose that'd only happen if they were posted on Saturday - does anyone think that's likely (clutching at straws now)
Bingbong

Post by Bingbong »

That's worrying re Urmston and I wonder how that bodes for AGGS. Does that school post similar info? Can't find it for last year. My dd scored 351 for AGGS and we live four miles away. Now quite worried that there's no chance she'll be considered for a place at AGGS if it has as many qualifying children as Urmston. What does anyone think? Is that info available for other grammar schools?
fatsals

Post by fatsals »

Please don't worry about being offered a place at AGGS when you are living so close. Last year girls were as far as 11 miles out and offered a place, in previous years, before CEM, it was up to around 6 miles.

I don't think 900 passed for Urmston, perhaps that was how many applied there. The letter says 'several hundred'.