MGS exam today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wangxiaosara

MGS exam today

Post by wangxiaosara »

My DS just did the MGS exam today, he said it went ok, however did not get much feedback out of him other than that. How was everyone else today?
Catseye

Re: MGS exam today

Post by Catseye »

MGS is the gold standard 11+ exam but the pass mark is quite low, historically between 50-65% depending on the cohort and the difficulty of the exam( very variable year to year there is no UMS standardisation as there is in proper gcse/A levels)

Bursary marks are considerably higher imo- I could be wrong.

The interview is vital, it's a whole day of assessment no formal one-one interview.
wangxiaosara

Post by wangxiaosara »

Catseye wrote:MGS is the gold standard 11+ exam but the pass mark is quite low, historically between 50-65% depending on the cohort and the difficulty of the exam( very variable year to year there is no UMS standardisation as there is in proper gcse/A levels)

Bursary marks are considerably higher imo- I could be wrong.

The interview is vital, it's a whole day of assessment no formal one-one interview.
Yes, my DS was in the assessment day in December.
Maximeo

Post by Maximeo »

My DS said English was okay but, maths section B was difficult and he didn't answer 5 questions. Anyways we will find out this February, not too long a wait I think.
Maximeo

Post by Maximeo »

Bursary marks could be about 80% and above I think.
Maximeo

Post by Maximeo »

Hi all, just checking who is waiting for MGS result tomorrow like me? I pray it's goodnews.
scooby1

Post by scooby1 »

Maximeo wrote:Hi all, just checking who is waiting for MGS result tomorrow like me? I pray it's good news.
Good luck for tomorrow. From what I know about MGS they do not have a set amount of pupils. It all depends how they perform firstly in the exam and then on the assessment day. On assessment day the school are observing how children interact with others (behaviour) and how they react/ learn to the teachers.

Hope you get the result you want.
Maximeo

Post by Maximeo »

Thank God it was goodnews, my DS received bursary with the offer of admission.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now