AGSB Results .. this week???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Catseye

Re: AGSB Results .. this week???

Post by Catseye »

Joy smith wrote:Hi
My boy scored 363 for AGBS. Does anyone know ooc pass mark. Bit worried.
Thanks
363 is safe - unless students have grown two brians this year !
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Two Brian's Catseye :D :lol:
Joy smith

Post by Joy smith »

Thanks all :)
Miltonkeynes1

Post by Miltonkeynes1 »

Are St Ambrose results out yet?
Joy smith

Post by Joy smith »

I think Monday :)
PerpetuallyTired

Post by PerpetuallyTired »

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and found it to be an invaluable source of help and support throughout my DS’s 11+ exams. A big thanks to all the posters and well done to all DCs for their hard work and effort in the exams this year!

My DS sat the exam for AGSB and passed but being OOC (Stretford), I'm feeling very anxious about his chances of actually securing a place after reading the AGSB admissions policy for September 2018 entry.

The PAN will be 173. They’ll be allocating 10 of these places to the highest scoring OOC applicants in receipt of Pupil Premium, living within Trafford and attending a Trafford state school. A further 10 places will be allocated to the highest scoring OOC applicants who live within Trafford and attend a Trafford state maintained school. This leaves 153 places so would it be reasonable to think that maybe this year, due to the extended catchment area (postal addresses of WA13/WA14/WA15/M33 and M23 which lie within the Trafford Local Authority), AGSB could possibly fill those 153 places with IC boys thereby reducing the number of OOC boys they offer places to? If so, presumably the OOC pass mark would be higher than in previous years.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
agsbmum

Post by agsbmum »

Some good news from my end. DS passed AGSB exam with 400 plus marks. We are in catchment, so hopefully sorted. Waiting for the Sale one now. Thanks for all the support from this forum and wishing all the children good luck for their future.
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

Wow that's amazing congratulations to your DS :)
PerpetuallyTired

Post by PerpetuallyTired »

What a fantastic result agsbmum! Well done to your DS!
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

PerpetuallyTired wrote:Hello everyone.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and found it to be an invaluable source of help and support throughout my DS’s 11+ exams. A big thanks to all the posters and well done to all DCs for their hard work and effort in the exams this year!

My DS sat the exam for AGSB and passed but being OOC (Stretford), I'm feeling very anxious about his chances of actually securing a place after reading the AGSB admissions policy for September 2018 entry.

The PAN will be 173. They’ll be allocating 10 of these places to the highest scoring OOC applicants in receipt of Pupil Premium, living within Trafford and attending a Trafford state school. A further 10 places will be allocated to the highest scoring OOC applicants who live within Trafford and attend a Trafford state maintained school. This leaves 153 places so would it be reasonable to think that maybe this year, due to the extended catchment area (postal addresses of WA13/WA14/WA15/M33 and M23 which lie within the Trafford Local Authority), AGSB could possibly fill those 153 places with IC boys thereby reducing the number of OOC boys they offer places to? If so, presumably the OOC pass mark would be higher than in previous years.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
We're in a similar situation being from Trafford too - our son passed but only by 10 marks. It's a weird feeling really - it should be elation but it feels like he hasn't passed owing to the OOC high score system. Guess it's even more rough on high scoring kids who are OOC but not in Trafford as, from what I understand, they're ranked below Trafford OOC boys irrespective of having a higher mark.

I heard they put on an extra class last year and that lowered the OOC pass mark - I'm not sure what factors lead to an extra class being added but heard from the same source that they don't intend to do this for 2018.