STATE SECONDARY SCHOOL OF THE YEAR-The Times

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Catseye

STATE SECONDARY SCHOOL OF THE YEAR-The Times

Post by Catseye »

State Secondary School of the Year: Altrincham Grammar School for Girls
Marginal gains add up to wholesale improvement as Britain’s biggest girls’ grammar triumphs in the first year of the rebooted curriculum and examination system.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/best ... -r3x3t9lx2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
quasimodo

Re: STATE SECONDARY SCHOOL OF THE YEAR-The Times

Post by quasimodo »

Its my understanding in the same good schools guide Wolverhampton Girls High School is the West Midlands State Secondary School of the year.This is quite an achievement considering the wide levels of ability intake its cohorts represent as evidenced by the 11 plus entry marks compared to similar selective schools in the area.I think the school its teachers and the Headmistress can be rightly proud of their efforts to their pupils' success.

Congratulations to Altrincham Grammar School for Girls.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Omega250

Post by Omega250 »

Excellent report. Congratulations! Point to note that over 350 applicants pass the AGGS entrance exam; this is extremely encouraging for children and parents.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Omega250 wrote:Excellent report. Congratulations! Point to note that over 350 applicants pass the AGGS entrance exam; this is extremely encouraging for children and parents.
There is no serious culling in sixth form.It is not superselective-unlike QE or St Olave's School. .

Both schools need to reflect and reconsider their draconian policies.

It is not perfect- large classes and over worked teachers find it difficult to compete with our private schools despite AGGS students being naturally brighter than the average Indie candidate .

AGGS is still somewhat behind Withington Girls School- university admission tutors should take notice of my comment and contextual their offers - we have a reasonably wide range of abilities range and socio-economic background although those entitled to FSM is still dismally low but I digress.

Take the tables with a pinch of salt - they don't tell the whole story .
Joezhuo

Post by Joezhuo »

The best school in Great Manchester according to the Times

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r-13957168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;