Trafford Grammar Schools CEM Consortium results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Trafmum82

Re: Trafford Grammar Schools CEM Consortium results?

Post by Trafmum82 »

enema wrote:What is a pink slip - the chance to request a review? If so, do it as this new format this year will throw up some unexpected results and effects. CEM is perceived as harder than GL and marks will likely be lower across the board. Also lots of people will have ticked all schools' boxes which may have influenced overall results. If results are so close to the threshold, it may be very worth fighting for this year.
We were two marks out and also got the pink slip. I'm not sure if I should appeal. Head teacher did say he would absolutely back an appeal though
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

minecraftmum wrote:I think I will speak to his teacher tomorrow if she has come across this local review form. However the qualified mark was 355 so still not sure if he would get in.
Minecraft mum, he needed 334 to pass. 355 is the average pass rate. Your DC only needs one more point to be in. Once he hits 334 then he would be in as it then goes off distance unless you are OOC which you aren't as you are on the doorstep!
minecraftmum

Post by minecraftmum »

I guess if we don't do it we will never know....I can always still put the school down as first choice on the CAF.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

minecraftmum wrote:yes as shared results for the 3 schools. Feel like my heart is broken, we only live 0.6 miles from the school. Not holding much hope for Urmston then. It was only last night DH and I looked at the comprehensives, not in a good position.
Given what other people have said based on last year, you may be okay for Urmston based on how you are on marks - if it goes on previous trends it looks like you might get a mark or two more. If not, appealing will be well worth it being so close. Make sure your first appeal, for Urmston, is the one you concentrate on as this is the one they go off. In 2016, two pupils in my daughter's school, were both miles off and both got into Urmston on appeal.

The second, independent, appeal is different at Urmston in that it's pretty much already a 'done deal' by the time you see them and very few get in.
minecraftmum

Post by minecraftmum »

another sleepless night :roll:
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

We got the same as Urmston as Sale, so sadly no pass! Only two passed on our class I believe. My son has taken the news really well though, so that's something
Gargantuan

Post by Gargantuan »

Interesting that Urmston’s result matches Sale this year? Post hasn’t come yet, Urmston still outstanding for us but DD passed for her first choice (AGGS). Wider score gap between Sale and AGGS when comparing this year with last year. CEM is an unpredictable beast, that’s for sure. Well done to all.
tippigund

Post by tippigund »

hi all,
all the schools have stated passing marks as 334. but none of them posted what is the maximum marks.

what is the maximum marks you can score?

thanks
Daisy76

Post by Daisy76 »

I just opened the UGS results for my DS, one mark below the result from Sale but he passed so that's the main thing. Awful process to go through, good luck to everyone still waiting for results.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

max score was 423 in the past (St Ambrose was lower though I think)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now