Trafford Grammar Schools CEM Consortium results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wangxiaosara

Re: Trafford Grammar Schools CEM Consortium results?

Post by wangxiaosara »

Trafmum82 wrote:No pass here!! Ridiculously close. 332 at stretford and 328 at Sale. So sad for him
Your dc may pass Urmston, last year urmston’s score was the highest in these three schools (sale, Stretford and urmston).
Daisy76

Post by Daisy76 »

Hi

Does anyone know how much the standardised score varies between Stretford/Sale and Urmston? I've had results for Sale and Stretford today and my son scored 3 points more in one. Trying to gauge what the result might be for UGS.

Thanks
wangxiaosara

Post by wangxiaosara »

Daisy76 wrote:Hi

Does anyone know how much the standardised score varies between Stretford/Sale and Urmston? I've had results for Sale and Stretford today and my son scored 3 points more in one. Trying to gauge what the result might be for UGS.

Thanks
My ds scored 384 for Urmston, 382 for Stretford and 373 for sale las year, hope this gives you an idea.
Fiddlestix

Post by Fiddlestix »

I’m a new joiner to this forum, longer time lurker though. My DC just passed, pleased but not elated, it’s a funny feeling. Do schools select pupils based on getting a high mark? I saw on another thread for AGSB marks reported way above the pass mark (amazing and impressed) and have got into my head that the schools will select those pupils not just the top 20 but those who scored really high. Thanks
minecraftmum

Post by minecraftmum »

We got 2 letters today, Stretford 333 and Sale 332. Received a pink local review form for Stretford. Feel so bad for DS, we did these without a professional tutor aswell :cry:
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

minecraftmum wrote:We got 2 letters today, Stretford 333 and Sale 332. Received a pink local review form for Stretford. Feel so bad for DS, we did these without a professional tutor aswell :cry:
Minecraft mum I know how you feel. We got 328 for Sale and 332 for Stretford. We also got an appeal slip for stretford but I don't think we will appeal. Urmston results tomorrow, did your DS go in for Urmston too?
minecraftmum

Post by minecraftmum »

yes as shared results for the 3 schools. Feel like my heart is broken, we only live 0.6 miles from the school. Not holding much hope for Urmston then. It was only last night DH and I looked at the comprehensives, not in a good position.
enema

Post by enema »

What is a pink slip - the chance to request a review? If so, do it as this new format this year will throw up some unexpected results and effects. CEM is perceived as harder than GL and marks will likely be lower across the board. Also lots of people will have ticked all schools' boxes which may have influenced overall results. If results are so close to the threshold, it may be very worth fighting for this year.
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

minecraftmum wrote:yes as shared results for the 3 schools. Feel like my heart is broken, we only live 0.6 miles from the school. Not holding much hope for Urmston then. It was only last night DH and I looked at the comprehensives, not in a good position.

Oh no! Don't lose hope on Urmson he only needs one more mark and that was the highest mark last year xx
minecraftmum

Post by minecraftmum »

I think I will speak to his teacher tomorrow if she has come across this local review form. However the qualified mark was 355 so still not sure if he would get in.