This year (2017) CEM is hard compared to Last Year (2016) ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: This year (2017) CEM is hard compared to Last Year (2016

Post by scary mum »

According to this page https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... rd-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it's a consortium of 4 schools with about 630 places available, so it's unlikely that only 360 passed otherwise the schools would be half empty. Also, OP, I wouldn't take schoolgate gossip too seriously. In a small school a small change in the number passing makes a huge difference in percentage terms, and pass rates could easily vary enormously from year to year.
scary mum
elevenexam

Post by elevenexam »

I am thinking of same student will be appeared on each schools if they qualified for single school around Trafford mainly becasue of this year all these 4 schools had to sit for same CEM exam.
so i am sure shcools will have to lower the pass mark otherwise from where do they take students ?

also this year Loretto already lowerd the passed mark to 325 .
Last edited by elevenexam on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

So that's qualified for Sale. From the link above you have to tick a box to share the results with other schools, so presumably not everyone does, and 360 who passed wanted their scores used for Sale. They will set the pass mark so that they get enough children to fill the schools.
scary mum
elevenexam

Post by elevenexam »

Yes true, but my point is this year they won't get enough students as overall students who passed for these trafford schools are 340 to 360 and there are over 600 spaces available on all these 4 Traffford grammer schools,

So the onlyway they would get students is to reduce the pass mark or take students below pass marks.
TinyTroll

Post by TinyTroll »

Hi,

Where is the information from that only 360 children passed the 2017 CEM test? Is this valid?

Cass1

Post by Cass1 »

I have a daughter taking the entrance exam in September this year so the above figure concerned me. A little google shows me that 949 passed the entrance exam in September. It was around 700 when my son took it the previous year. Perhaps it was actually easier!

Link
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1096646" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Cass1 wrote:I have a daughter taking the entrance exam in September this year so the above figure concerned me. A little google shows me that 949 passed the entrance exam in September. It was around 700 when my son took it the previous year. Perhaps it was actually easier!

Link
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1096646" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, but that's just hard facts and statistics from a source which is legally bound to tell you the truth. Not pearls of wisdom from school gate gossip. So you can't be 100%... :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now