Out of catchment area appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Out of catchment area appeals

Post by ToadMum »

Rhys wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to reply your comments are very much appreciated, yes the admissions officer basically told me as we sat a late exam we can not appeal on the grounds of over subscription, I don't know how factual this information is? We will look to appeal on the grounds of over subscription and academic ability. I'm not sure if my missing the deadline for the school entrance exam would constitute extenuating circumstances and I'm obviously filled with regret for the oversight as my DS would more than likely been offered a place if he has sat the exam in September. We are out of the catchment area however only 15 minutes commute within 2 miles as the crow flies.

Is my oversight worth mentioning at the appeal hearing as my DS is going to potentially lose out on a place because of my late application.
That your DS couldn't sit the exam until the late sitting, due to an oversight on your part (I assume that it was surely an oversight and you don't have an extenuating circumstance like having been run over by a bus and in a coma for a week leading up to the closing date, or you would have mentioned it?) is what it is. You can't not acknowledge it, given that if your DS's score would definitely have won him a place, it is obviously the main reason you are where you are now, so to speak, but I wouldn't make a 'thing' of it. It isn't the school's fault that you made a mistake, so that's not a reason for them to admit your DS, if you see what I mean?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx