A polite request.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Catseye

A polite request.

Post by Catseye »

Could parents park a good distance away from the schools involved in the 11+ exam on the 17th of September please and be considerate to local residents . The area around the Alty schools is usually gridlocked and several times parents have park right in-front of my drive :evil:

Thank you.
kenyancowgirl

Re: A polite request.

Post by kenyancowgirl »

A rambler once had the misfortune to park in front of our drive and go off for the day. It was a Sunday. Imagine his dismay, when he came back after 5pm and couldn't find his car....imagine his dismay when the police told him that the towing company that they had arranged to tow it away, (when I reported the car to them as blocking our drive), were closed on Sunday's so he would have to wait until Monday before he could get it back and would have to pay the tow fine, plus overnight storage charges.....
Gargantuan

Post by Gargantuan »

Excellent post, Catseye!
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

Unless the weather is particularly awful, getting the tram is the least stressful way to arrive.

Sale Grammar is less than 10 mins walk from Brooklands tram stop.

Alty Boys is a longer walk from Altrincham stop, but the 15-20 min walk is a great way to wake you up and feel fresh for the test.

I’ve not done it myself but I’m assuming Alty Girls is similar walking distance.

No parking stress, no road rage, no having to queue to get away after the test.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

It is not illegal to park over a driveway, but it is illegal to block access to the highway.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

BucksBornNBred wrote:It is not illegal to park over a driveway, but it is illegal to block access to the highway.
Illegal, no

Thoughtless? Arrogant?

Presumably in this instance the car was obstructing KCG's access to the highway, given that the police are unlikely to get involved where one can't get into one's drive?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It was parked on the small amount of parish council land at the bottom of our drive which we have to cross to get to the highway. The police were absolutely clear that they were towing him - I thought they would just move the car out of the way (by bouncing it - we've done that before) - but they were totally clear that he was at fault and had no qualms at all about arranging towing - they actually drove to see the ca,r and parked up, waiting for the tow truck (letting the kids sit in the car and set the blues off and bleep the siren!)....yes, a slow day, but they still were happy that the driver was wrong.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

ToadMum wrote:
BucksBornNBred wrote:It is not illegal to park over a driveway, but it is illegal to block access to the highway.
Illegal, no

Thoughtless? Arrogant?

Presumably in this instance the car was obstructing KCG's access to the highway, given that the police are unlikely to get involved where one can't get into one's drive?
I only mentioned it because there were a lot of threats from our primary school re parking over driveways so I decided to find out the rules (as I am a stickler for them!)

It is totally selfish but unfortunately what I have started to expect from people nowadays :roll: . I would never park over someones drive, but I thought I would clarify the law just in case anyone got the wrong idea about when the police will get involved. I certainly didn't mean to imply KCG was in the wrong at all (sorry if it came across like that).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now