Loreto category 7 chances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Chechi_master

Re: Loreto category 7 chances

Post by Chechi_master »

Hi All,

re-opening my old thread. Does any one know if anyone ever got place from Category 7 in last 3 years?

Cheers.
Omega250

Post by Omega250 »

Hi, same question here. DD just received Loreto results (>400), is there any chance of her getting a place (category 7)?
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

322 here and category 7. Don't fancy chances for Loreto, hoping for the consortium.

Admit I was super proud but a little deflated. Great she passed but now need to wait for allocation day. posting separately about this.
PercyMum

Post by PercyMum »

Realistically, I think you have very little chance in Category 7. There are usually some Category 4 girls who have passed the exam (baptised catholics at catholic primary schools) who don't get places due to oversubscription. A very high score makes absolutely no difference - unless there are lots of places left after every other category has been filled, which is really, really unlikely, as the school is always oversubscribed.
The school is steeped in the catholic religion - it is at the heart of everything they do - so if you aren't catholic, it's worth thinking long and hard about wanting to sending your child there if the religious aspect would be a problem.
Good luck with whichever school you choose.
zhulu8888

Post by zhulu8888 »

Agree with PercyMum that there is almost no chance for category 7 even with really high score (>400).

Please find below response from Loreto regarding this issue.

'Dear Parent
Thank you for your e mail.
As outlined in our Admissions Policy, admission to Loreto Grammar School is dependent on success in the Entrance Examination, followed by application of the oversubscription criteria.
In recent years and in accordance with our admissions policy we have offered up to and including Category 4. Year on year this changes and therefore, I cannot offer exact answers.'

In addition, does anyone know the possible highest score of Loreto? As i know somebody get 439 this year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now