Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Abgs-OOC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:07 pm 

My DS scored 378 in this years Abgs exam- and hoping this will be enough to get in as we are OOC .. is there a decent chance of him getting in ? I understand things have got tougher since the broadening of catchment area ?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Abgs-OOC
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:54 am 

I too would like to know the same thing. Our eldest son is already at the school and the change in the catchment area has made it much harder for his brother who sat this year (you would think). But at the information eve someone did ask the question and the reply from the school was that the change in catchment had made no difference and 20% of places still went to OOC children last year which was the first year with the new admission policy.
It’s is very odd that the cut off mark in the last 5 years has usually been in the 340’s and yet last year was 368. Don’t have an explanation for that if they still offered the same number of OOC places.

Anyway best of luck.
We have our fingers crossed in this house with a score of 370 but I am just delighted for my son that he has done well. At least he knows if he doesn’t get a place it is luck of the drawer and he won’t feel inadequate compared to his brother. If I had realised the stress it would place on our family 4 years ago when our eldest sat the exam I’m not sure I would have embarked on it. Terrible pressure on child number 2

With a score over 370 your son will do well wherever he goes, so be proud!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:39 am 

Hi

See my reply in the other thread about OOC pass marks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:45 pm 

Thanks for your replies. Yes it has been hard for all of them and it is such a lot of pressure at such a young age.. They should all be very proud for having done their very best.
Good luck to you too :) .. I think I now need to pack it away in a box somewhere to be looked at again in March !!