Oversubscription. I imagine most of them were
OHAT

Re: AGSB OOC Appeal - anyone else?

Post by OHAT »

Anyone received any post yet?
ariadne

Post by ariadne »

We haven't had any real post this morning, only leaflets, and I can't well whether they were Royal Mail delivered or someone else. Our post is often around midday so it's possible he hasn't been yet.
ariadne

Post by ariadne »

Post has arrived. We were unsuccessful. We will make the best of the allocated school.

The letter itself is detailed up to a point - it summarises the proceedings briefly including mentioning the evidence we supplied. There is no detail on how the Panel came to its conclusion that prejudice to the school would outweigh prejudice to DS.

I am disappointed, of course. Part of that is because we felt we had shown that there would be no prejudice to the school - we had highlighted serious inaccuracies in the governors' case which meant their assertions of overcrowding couldn't be supported, and in fact when we asked the school's representative what prejudice there was to the school at current numbers (greater than the number which would have been reached by admitting DS) they twice stated there was no prejudice at those numbers and would be no prejudice at those numbers. Either I misunderstood what was said there, or it didn't reach the minutes by the time the panel were balancing.

I don't feel we wasted our time, but I am very deflated.
OHAT

Post by OHAT »

I’m sorry you didn’t get good news. I am at work so won’t get to my post until this evening but I am not hopeful. We didn’t really challenge the schools case and we got asked no questions so not sure what that means. Seems like they made their mind up before we walked in but we don’t have a feeling which way it went whatsoever
ariadne

Post by ariadne »

I think in general there's no point questioning the school's case, but we felt we needed to weaken it as our own case wasn't exceptional.

Best of luck to you. I have reason to believe they have allowed a couple of OOC appeals so there is still hope!
OHAT

Post by OHAT »

Oh how do u know that?
OHAT

Post by OHAT »

I cannot believe it we don’t have anything in the post. This is getting ridiculous. It’s just fair on kids. Our son is asking every day if the post has come. :(
blue12

Post by blue12 »

out of cstachment 11 offers made scores from 422 to 337
was the lowest score 337?
Information from below
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1380819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ariadne

Post by ariadne »

Yes, I noticed that when frantically Googling last week :lol: .

At the appeal hearing they were quite clear that the last admitted child was OOC with a score of 390. I think that FOI answer shows us that two OOC appeals were allowed, the lower score being 337.

I think if anyone comes to that information cold, without the context of "lowest OOC offer on National Offers Day was 390" they will get an unrealistic picture of what it takes to get in from OOC.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now