Loreto Grammar entry exam & offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ctj

Loreto Grammar entry exam & offers

Post by ctj »

Hi,
can someone please let us know the number of girls that usually sit the entry exam for Loreto, what is the pass mark please and advice on preparation for the tests, specially the maths test that I believe is organised by the school? Many thanks!
scary mum

Re: Loreto Grammar entry exam & offers

Post by scary mum »

I'm not from your area, and hopefully someone else can help you, but there is some information here. I don't know if you have seen this?
scary mum
ctj

Post by ctj »

Thanks
bgmum

Post by bgmum »

Hi,
Two of my daughters sat the Loreto entrance exam: one nine marks under, one 10 above. We are out of area category 4, and I feel breath and depth of maths meant. the exams were challenging for them. With daughter 1, she went to Explore Learning and I worked through CGP books/KS2 mixed maths at home. I regret not getting her a tutor - she was under prepared and resistant to working with me. I don't rate Explore Learning. With daughter 2, I didn't want to do more than Daughter 1 for the sake of family harmony (!), so again no tutor and no Explore Learning, but found 11+ Explained by GL Assessment. Going not the exam I felt it was hit and miss.
Anyway, by some miracle (we're 11 miles away) Daughter 2 has been offered a place - encouragement for other Category 4 hopefuls. :D
Hope this helps :D
ctj

Post by ctj »

Thanks Bgmum and congrats!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now