11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pollymum

Re: Loreto/CEM Results 2019

Post by Pollymum »

Did the post arrive?
PrairieMum

Post by PrairieMum »

Yes the letter came today. She didn’t pass. Gutted!
maomao

Post by maomao »

Sorry to hear that - not helped by the wait. At least she tried and the preparation for the test will stand her in good stead for SATs.
Pollymum

Post by Pollymum »

Sorry to read this PrairieMum. Hope you are both ok. It's a stressful system.
charlim20

Post by charlim20 »

Sorry to hear this Prairiemum, My DD didn't pass for Loreto either, tbh it was an after thought for us after the open day and lots of research we knew it would be a very slim chance of her getting in (she would be cat 7) so we spent all of our time prepping for the CEM test, so she didn't do any prep really for the Loreto test (being an ex-AGGS girl myself I had AGGS as my preference but her Dad suggested we put her down for the test anyway as good practice).

Hope your DD is ok, and not too upset? Mine has taken it in her stride really and isn't particularly bothered, she is now just nervous for Friday/Saturdays results!

Did your DD sit the other test? Fingers crossed for her if she did!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Prairiemum, I hope its not too soon to be posting this, but if your option for your DD is BTH , I really wouldn't worry. Having seen a number of relatives and friends children go through there, I think its an excellent school. They set very high expectations for all the children and the most able ones are really pushed. They are very hot on discipline too. I've looked round it twice and I think its lovely.

My friends son who she says was 'below average ability' when starting at BTH, got superb A level results and is now at a RG university. In fact better grades than my son who went to AGSB! So you see, a grammar school education is by no means an indicator of later success.

Best of luck whatever you decide.
Trafford19

Post by Trafford19 »

abidh wrote:Any insider news on when can we expect cem results?
We contacted Sale Grammar School on Monday to enquire and were informed that the letters would be posted on Thursday.
AGGS mention second class delivery on their site so I guess we should receive the letters from Saturday.
Educatoretmum

Post by Educatoretmum »

Hi all

Has anyone heard of results being emailed? A friend whose child did the exams last year said she got her results in an email and the results were then received in the post.

Thanks
maomao

Post by maomao »

Lovely supportive post, TIDDLYMUM. We were impressed by BTH too - the facilities, the pastoral support, the evidence of pupil talent and teachers' encouragement on display.

Great scoop Trafford19 8)
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Hi, I know the results are supposed to have gone out 2nd class yesterday, but anyone had anything today? Thinking of staging a protest at the sorting office :lol: This wait is dreadful !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now