Highest score at SGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nadia

Highest score at SGS

Post by Nadia »

Does anyone know what was the highest score at SGS and what was the lowest among the top twenty?
Mandy21

Re: Highest score at SGS

Post by Mandy21 »

I don't, but the school might tell you?

There have been a couple of posts about this if you scroll down - think one poster said the lowest top 20 score for last year at Stretford was 390.

I would guess that its not too different from Urmston, and a poster has said she's been told by Urmston (this year) that the lowest top 20 score is currently 385, but may move downwards if children turn down a place in favour of another school.
Trafmum82

Post by Trafmum82 »

I thought once your child had passed the exam the score doesn’t matter?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Trafmum82 wrote:I thought once your child had passed the exam the score doesn’t matter?

Assuming that 'SGS' is Stretford, not Sale,

http://www.stretfordgrammar.com/admissi ... ns-policy/

Oversubscription criterion 3:

The top 20 scoring candidates, irrespective of home residence, will be allocated a place. Candidates with equal scores to the lowest candidate in this allocation will also be offered places.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Pondering19

Post by Pondering19 »

It depends which school. As far as I’ve researched it would be 385-390
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

https://www.salegrammar.co.uk/159/school-admissions

Sale Grammar School doesn't have a 'Top x scorers' oversubscription criterion.

How many SGSs do you guys have?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

ToadMum wrote:https://www.salegrammar.co.uk/159/school-admissions

Sale Grammar School doesn't have a 'Top x scorers' oversubscription criterion.

How many SGSs do you guys have?
Its a ploy to confuse anyone from out of area :lol: We have Stretford Grammar School and Sale Grammar School (obviously both can be abbreviated to SGS). Stretford has the Top 20 criterion, Sale doesn't.
Panicker

Post by Panicker »

I know the original poster asked about SGS (be that Sale or Stretford), but to put it in to context Urmston’s top 20 score level had dropped to 361 and above by allocation day this year (1st March 2019). This will be as some higher scoring children chose other schools.(The distance had also reached 7.5 miles)
My point being that whatever it stands at now might significantly reduce by allocation day so it is so difficult to plan or prepare.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Just found a What Do They Know freedom of information response from Stretford, which says the final outcome of the Top 20 criterion was 376 and above. I'm sure I've seen a figure of 390 banded about, so there must have been some movement after offers day.

It also says there are more than 1000 children who have qualified this year and the average score was 359. Not sure that helps in determining the Top 20 scores though but I was surprised that so many have passed.
poppety

Post by poppety »

Re the number of passes, if you look on the SGS website at figures for 2019 entry (which was my DD's entry year) the number of children who achieved the required mark was 1061/2325 so not quite half.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now