St Ambrose (out of catchment)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LucasMum

St Ambrose (out of catchment)

Post by LucasMum »

My son has passed for St Ambrose, we are practicing catholics but live out of area (Stockport) I just wondered if anyone knew how many boys got in from this category last year and what the lowest mark accepted out of area was. I've done some googling but can only find information for out of area applicants from up to and including 2016. Feeling anxious about what to put down now :(
mad?

Re: St Ambrose (out of catchment)

Post by mad? »

If St Ambrose is your first preference place it first on your CAF. If your DC does not qualify for your 1st preference then your 2nd preference then becomes your top and so on. Good luck.
mad?
Pollymum

Post by Pollymum »

Have a look at the Trafford council secondary school booklet online. It covers admission outcomes for 2019 and they allocated up to Category 4 from their oversubscription criteria. Hope this helps.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

The booklet on the Trafford website says in 2019, they offered some Category 4 boys (which was, under the 2019 criteria was out of catchment boys - 2020 admission policy is different). It doesn't give any more information than that regarding score, I think that's why LucasMum is asking for the info.

I would ring the school and see what they say, but agree with Mad? - if you have enough choices on your CAF, you don't have anything to lose by including it. I've said on another post that we have friends whose son attends a local Catholic school and reports that its an unusual year as far as the school is concerned with more boys than usual passing for AGSB and will be taking up places there, rather than St Ambrose. I don't know how that will translate to allocation of places though.
Pollymum

Post by Pollymum »

Ah yes it’s policy has changed! Hope you manage to find out to give you some reassurance. No harm in naming as first choice and I hope your boy gets a place.
LucasMum

Post by LucasMum »

Thank you everyone for your replies. We’ve put it down so will keep our fingers crossed
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now