AGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scooby1

AGSB

Post by scooby1 »

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I have logged onto to this forum. My DC sat the exam many years ago the eldest is at university. The reason I am back is my nephew is going to be doing the 11 plus this year and he is out of the catchment area. Now when my eldest sat the AGSB catchment area was smaller and many children use to pass from Cheadle (and Didsbury) and attend AGSB. Since the catchment area has increased I am assuming the OOC score has increased significantly. My DS got around 375 and sailed through with that score however if he had sat the exam now I don't think he would have got a place.

I know this might be difficult to answer but when DS was preparing for the exam he was scoring between 70 - 80% in the GL assessment packs (A,B.C, D). I would like to know what % he should be getting in the practice papers for him to be in for a chance to pass AGSB.

I know each year is different depending on the cohort and that is reflected in the standardised score. However, if your child scored a standardise score of 390 would you mind sharing what were they getting when they did the GL assessment practice papers? It would just give us a rough idea what he should be aiming for.

Thanks in advance.

Scooby 1