Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:04 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: AGSB exam delay
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:53 pm
Posts: 11
AGSB have just announced exam has been delayed to 10th October


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AGSB exam delay
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 pm
Posts: 31
That's interesting. I wonder if the CEM test will be delayed too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AGSB exam delay
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:49 pm
Posts: 39
I wonder how that is going to impact when you apply for secondary school places. The turn around for getting the results back before the 2nd November is going to be tight. Unless the LEA change the date to submit applications forms. Guidelines and the situation are continuously changing so things might change again come September. I have to say most children are very resilient and will just get on with it - my nephew wasn't phased by the change.

Have tutors started to face to face lessons again (social distancing of course) or are they still doing tutoring online?

My only concern would be if all children are back in September, what would happen if a class bubble has to go into isolation. That would entail the whole year 6 class. I know some schools that have had to close down bubbles because one person in that bubble had tested positive for the virus. It is hard to know what to do - change the CEM exam to October so children have that bit longer to prepare/ catch up. Or leave it as it is - children and their families who have been social distancing within their bubbles. It is a tough one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AGSB exam delay
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 10170
Location: Essex
scooby1 wrote:
I wonder how that is going to impact when you apply for secondary school places. The turn around for getting the results back before the 2nd November is going to be tight. Unless the LEA change the date to submit applications forms. Guidelines and the situation are continuously changing so things might change again come September. I have to say most children are very resilient and will just get on with it - my nephew wasn't phased by the change.

Have tutors started to face to face lessons again (social distancing of course) or are they still doing tutoring online?

My only concern would be if all children are back in September, what would happen if a class bubble has to go into isolation. That would entail the whole year 6 class. I know some schools that have had to close down bubbles because one person in that bubble had tested positive for the virus. It is hard to know what to do - change the CEM exam to October so children have that bit longer to prepare/ catch up. Or leave it as it is - children and their families who have been social distancing within their bubbles. It is a tough one.


The national deadline of 31st October is enshrined in the School Admissions Code. So far, the only changes I have seen apply to the Appeals Code (for which, emergency measures are currently in place until January 2021). Individual LAs cannot, as far as I can see, make ad hoc changes to the deadline.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 19_Dec.pdf

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2020